Andor’s expertise in scientific camera performance optimization has been harnessed once again.
Clara has been designed to deliver the highest sensitivity performance achievable from a
high-resolution interline CCD camera. Clara ‘E’ extends the series to offer high sensitivity interline
operation in a unique price/performance package. Andor’s proven UltraVac process, alongside
close attention to thermal management, has resulted in deep air cooling to -55°C for elimination of
darkcurrent, complementing a uniquely low read noise of 2.4 e-
@ 1 MHz.
More dynamic events can be followed with outstanding quantitative stability via low noise 10 or
20 MHz readout modes, the data channelled through a trouble-free USB 2.0 interface. Andor’s
iCam technology and comprehensive input and output functionality enables market-leading
acquisition efficiency through live cell microscopy softwares. The compact, robust design and
accessible SDK, renders Clara ideally suited to OEM integration.
Features and Benefits:
- Ultra-low noise floor: Proprietary noise-reduction technique delivers an unprecedented 2.4 e-read noise @ 1 MHz
- Deep TE cooling to -55°C: Elimination of dark current from noise floor
- -40°C ‘vibration free’ mode: Excellent thermal management offering passive (fan–off) cooling to a stable -40°C for vibration free operation
- UltraVac™ – guaranteed hermetic vacuum seal technology: Permanent vacuum integrity, critical for deep cooling, with 5-year warranty
- Rapid Frame Rate: 11 frames/sec @ 20 MHz readout speed
- High Resolution: 1.45 megapixel sensor with 6.45 µm pixels
- High Dynamic Range: > 6,500:1 @ 1 MHz; 12,500 with binning
- 16-bit & 14-bit digitization: 16-bit facilitating low noise / high dynamic range performance at slower speeds
- iCam: Market-leading acquisition efficiency through live cell microscopy software
- Accurate timestamp: FPGA generated for 12.5 ns accuracy
- USB 2.0: Universal ‘plug and play’ connectivity