ASI MS-2500-TI XY Flat-Top Extended Travel Stage
✉Inquire About This Product
The MS-2500-Ti XY low-profile stage has been specifically designed to provide 100 mm (4”) of Y-axis travel with an extended 250 mm (10”) of X-axis travel. This extended travel makes for easy robotic loading or for holding more samples per stage insert. The MS-2500-Ti stage accepts either standard 160 × 110 or wide 283 × 110 stage inserts. Total stage thickness is only 54.1 mm (2.13”), and only 29.3 mm (1.16”) from its flat obstruction-free top to its bottom mounting surface.
The high resolution, and highly repeatable, stage derives its precise control through the use of closed-loop DC servomotors employing high-resolution rotary encoders for positioning feedback. Optional linear encoders improve repeatability to less than 300 nm (typical) compared to the standard rotary encoder’s 700 nm (typical) repeatability rating.
By using closed-loop control of the stage position, there is no chance that the stage will become lost, as can occur with open-loop micro-stepped stages after a number of moves and direction changes. The MS-2500-Ti XY stage utilizes crossed-roller slides, a high-precision lead screw, and zero-backlash miniature geared DC servomotors for smooth and accurate motion. The Z-axis drive also uses ASI’s proven line of closed-loop motor drives, each custom fitted to the microscope. The microprocessor-controlled MS-2000 control unit provides for RS-232 and USB communication with a host computer.
- Obstruction-free flat top
- Thin profile: 29.3 mm (1.16”) from mounting surface to top
- Closed-loop DC servo control of the X and Y-axes for precise positioning and highly repeatable focusing
- Wide dynamic speed range with XY joystick control
- Can be used with ASI’s proven Z-axis drives
- Backlit LCD display shows axes’ coordinates
- “Zero” and “Home” button for simple stand-alone operations
- Compact ergonomic tabletop control unit size is 9 cm (H) x 23 cm (W) x 16½ cm (D) (3” x 9” x 6”)
- Microprocessor control with RS-232 serial and USB communications
- Proven operation with many popular software packages
- Suitable for stand-alone, OEM, and specialty applications as well