The ultra light pipette that delights your hand
The Eppendorf Research plus mechanical pipette combines about 60 years of innovation in liquid handling and is one of the most commonly used pipettes in the world. It provides you with one of the safest and most ergonomic pipettes available today. The Research plus microliter pipette protects the health of our customers during their daily work in the laboratory. It has pioneered the renowned Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept® and thus reduced the strain on hand and arm during pipetting essentially. The Research plus is the pipette family with the lowest weight and lowest operation forces in the Eppendorf product families. Lower operation forces can only be reached with our Eppendorf electronic pipettes. Enjoy excellent flexibility and choose among single-channel pipettes in fixed or variable volume as well as multi-channel pipette options with 8, 12, 16 and 24 channels.
It is a good feeling to know you are doing the right thing – to know you are working with one of the most advanced pipettes in the world. A spring loaded tip cone, a secondary calibration option, an improved volume display – and all that in an ultra light, fully autoclavable pipette: That is the Eppendorf Research plus pipette.
The Research plus mechanical pipette was accoladed with the Bronze “Seal of Quality”. These seals are given to the top 0.1 % of products used in laboratories that have continually received the highest user review ratings. The award is praised as providing “invaluable” insights for scientists and intends to help them choose the ideal laboratory product for their working environment
Choose your pipette set depending on your applications
Not all experiments are based on equal working conditions. Depending on the vessel type you can choose among single channel pipettes for tubes and multi-channel pipettes for plates.
- Tubes: Single-channel pipette
- 96 and 24-well plates: 8 and 12 multi-channel pipettes
- 384-well plates: 16 and 24 multi-channel pipettes
Which level of flexibility and safety do you require?
Adjustable volume pipettes for highest flexibility
- Adjust dispensing volume within a range of 0.1 µL and 10 mL
- Selected volume is displayed in the large 4-digit volume display
- Quick and accurate volume settings
- Available as single, 8, 12, 16 and 24-channel pipettes
Fixed volume pipettes for a fast and safe workflow
- A fix volume is set and cannot be changed allowing to work at a faster pace
- Less likely to commit an error which can occur with an adjustable pipette
- Calibration is much more easier and quicker
- Available as single-channel pipettes in 12 different versions
- Perfect for beginners and labs on a budget
Fatigue-free pipetting – Ergonomics
Feel the difference in weight, pipetting forces and the spring loaded tip cone.
The less strain you experience, the more energy you have for your experiments. Thus, the microliter pipette has been developed within the strict criteria of the Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept® which stands for intuitive operation, a perfect balance and minimal operator strain and fatigue. Among other things, this concept substantially is expressed by an ultralight and balanced pipette equipped with the unique spring-loaded tip cone and SOFTeject function.
Spring-loaded tip cone for reliable tip fit and low tip attachment forces
The spring-loaded tip cone saves your energy and time. With haptic feedback there is no need for rocking and banging. It indicates a perfect and reliable tip fit. Just one gentle push-down until you receive the haptic feedback and you are done. The spring limits the attachment forces and at the same time guarantees a reproducible and safe tip fit. It provides increased user to user reproducibility for more uniform results among members of the lab. All Eppendorf microliter pipettes up to 1,000 µL are equipped with this spring-loaded tip cone.
SOFTeject reduces tip ejection forces by 50 %
During a single tip ejection stroke, the outside tips eject before the inside tips. You just slightly press the ejection button once, and automatically the tips are ejected successively. You will not notice that at all. But what you will notice, is that this technology reduces tip ejection forces by 50 %. Enjoy it in all Eppendorf multichannel pipettes. Get your work done faster with multichannel pipettes
You want to easily and quickly fill a 24, 96 or even 384-well microplate? With the lightweight Eppendorf Research plus 8, 12, 16 and 24-channel pipettes you get a higher volume of precision work done. The spring-loaded tip cone helps to load multi-channel tips quickly and securely without a need for rocking. Get extremely consistent sample pickup across all channels and maximize user to user reproducibility for more uniform results among members of the lab.
Easily fill 96-well plates with 8 or 12-channel pipettes. The new 1,200 µL volume is ideal for filling deep well plates.
NEW Research plus – 16 and 24-channel pipettes for 384-well applications
Do you work with 384-well plates and strive for more efficient manual pipetting methods? Alternate well pipetting with 8 and 12-channel pipettes belongs to the past, your worries are over! Eppendorf’s new 16 and 24-channel pipettes make working with 384-well plates convenient, ergonomic and safe.
- Tedious alternate well pipetting with 8 or 12-channel pipettes is a thing of the past
- Start 16 or 24 reactions simultaneously for equal starting conditions
- Protects from accidental well misidentification and repeating of experiments
- Processing one 384 instead of four 96-well plates improves pipetting efficiency as No. of steps is reduced by 50 %
Our new epT.I.P.S. 384® are designed in perfect harmony with these pipettes. The pipettes and tips for 384-well formats build a system which fulfills the high demands of processing the fine wells of the plate.Eppendorf Research® plusNEW epT.I.P.S. 384® with SOFTattach technology for 16 and 24-channel pipettes
A key innovation: For the first time, pipette tips are equipped with elastic forming groves. They allow the tips to stretch as much as the shape of the tip cone predefines. Meanwhile, the tip attachment and ejection forces are greatly reduced. With this continued development of our Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept, this system enables a perfect tip seal while operating forces are reduced to a minimum.
– Reliable tip fit and tightness
– Smooth and even tip attachment
– Tip attachment forces reduced by 40 % per cone compared to 8 and 12-channel pipettes
– Reduced ejection forces
– Perfect tip alignment by extraordinary coaxiality for safe plate maneuvering and liquid transfer
– Extremely fine tip shape to perfectly hit all 384 wells
- Air-cushion pipette for accurate pipetting of aqueous solutions
- Feel the difference in weight and pipetting forces: the ultra light mechanical pipette is designed according to the strict criteria of the Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept and limits the strain on your hand and arm
- Spring loaded tip cone (available for all pipettes up to 1 mL) for minimal tip attachment forces helps to reduce stress
- Low tip ejection force of Eppendorf Research plus (3.6 N)
- Adjust your pipette in seconds for better accuracy when pipetting various difficult liquids like ethanol or even when pipetting at high altitudes. Return to factory adjustment without calibration