A microscope camera offering fast, high resolution image capture, with unsurpassed color representation.
Nikon’s high-definition 5-megapixel CCD captures images at an impressive resolution of 2560 x 1920 pixels. Other advanced features include an enhanced frame rate of up to 21 fps and accurate color reproduction.
The DS-Fi2 high-definition color camera head also has an expanded range of settings for exposure time, making it suitable for wide variety of applications and techniques, including brightfield, DIC, and phase contrast.
- 5.0-megapixel Color CCD: Small pixel size and a field-of-view of 2,560 x 1,920 pixels allows you to acquire color images at very high resolution.
- True Color Rendition of Samples: Nikon’s industry-leading imaging technology achieves the best true color image possible, duplicating exactly what is seen by the microscope.
- Smooth Live Image Display: With a frame rate of 21 frames per second, live images are displayed and updated smoothly, so focusing from a monitor is a simple task, greatly increasing the speed of inspection, measurement tasks, and acquisition.
- High Red Sensitivity: A high performance IR cut filter eliminates unwanted infrared contributions from halogen light sources, while maintaining excellent red color rendition for outstanding color reproduction.
- The DS-Fi2 is a high-quality, cost-effective camera for a wide variety of applications including brightfield, phase contrast, and differential interference contrast (DIC).
DS-U3 PC Based Control Unit
PC-based microscope camera control unit offers power, speed, and seamless integration with Nikon’s NIS-Elements imaging software suite.
Nikon’s Digital Sight DS-U3 microscope camera controller is the successor to the DS-U2. The DS-U3 is specifically designed to interface any of the cameras in the Nikon DS camera line to a PC computer through a FireWire 800 interface. The DS-U3 transmits information at high speed, and eliminates complicated and supports a variety of microscope “C” mountable cameras including the DS-Fi2 , DS-Fi1c , DS-Vi1 , DS-Ri1 and DS-Qi1 Series models.
- Compact Design: The U3 Controller is contained in a sophisticated, thin, and compact design. Measuring 193 x 196 x 35mm (W x D x H), the U3’s small footprint will integrate into any computer setup.
- High-speed PC Connection: Features a FireWire 800 device port that can be easily connected with a PC. The USB FireWire 800 device port enables the transfer of image files to a PC over 60% faster than the previous model.