Fast Nanopositioner and Scanner for Microscope Objectives
P-721 PIFOC High-Precision Objective Scanner:
- Fine positioning of objectives with subnanometer resolution
- Travel ranges to 140 µm, millisecond settling time
- Significantly faster response and higher lifetime than motorized drives
- Minimum objective shift due to parallel flexure guiding
- Highest linearity due to direct measuring technology with capacitive sensors
- Inexpensive version with strain gauge sensors
- Compatible with MetaMorph imaging software
- Outstanding lifetime due to PICMA piezo actuators
- QuickLock thread adapter for easy installation
- Clear aperture up to Ø 29 mm
Fields of application:
- Super-resolution microscopy
- Light disc microscopy
- Confocal microscopy
- 3-D imaging
- Measuring technology
- Autofocus systems
- Semiconductor tests
Subnanometer resolution with capacitive sensors
- Capacitive sensors measure with subnanometer resolution without contacting. They guarantee excellent linearity of motion, long-term stability, and a bandwidth in the kHz range.
High guiding accuracy due to zero-play flexure guides
- Flexure guides are free of maintenance, friction, and wear, and do not require lubrication. Their stiffness allows high load
capacity and they are insensitive to shock and vibration. They are 100 % vacuum compatible and work in a wide temperature range.
Automatic configuration and fast component exchange
- Mechanics and controllers can be combined as required and exchanged quickly. All servo and linearization parameters are stored in the ID chip of the Sub-D connector of the mechanics. The autocalibration function of the digital controllers uses this data each time the controller is switched on.
Maximum accuracy due to direct position measuring
- Motion is measured directly at the motion platform without any influence from the drive or guide elements. This allows
optimum repeatability, outstanding stability, and stiff, fast-responding control.