The mainstream of today’s life science research is the observation of various life processes in living samples in real time with a high degree of sensitivity and resolution, and minimal photo bleaching and photo toxicity. Based on its innovative microlens-enhanced Nipkow disk scanning technology, Yokogawa CSU units are being used worldwide as the most powerful tool for live cell imaging.
Wide Application : Imaging of Fast Biological Reactions in Milliseconds level to high resolution imaging of static specimens
- High-resolution Time-lapse Imaging of Living Cells
- Different from conventional confocal systems , CSU uses CCD cameras to capture confocal images. Taking advantage of rapid advance in CCD camera capability, it is more and more possible to acquire high-resolution images at high speed. Especially, significantly reduced photo bleaching and photo toxicity with CSU makes it possible to image delicate changes in living cells, such as cell division or embryonic differentiation at length.
- High-speed Imaging
- High-speed scanning up to 1,000 frames/sec makes it possible to record reactions at milliseconds level
- 3D Reconstruction
- 3D reconstruction data of living cells can be acquired at ease from stacks of sharp confocal images captured by a high-resolution CCD camera.
- Real time 3D Observation
In synchronization with fast objective lens movement using piezo-actuator and a high-speed camera, CSU22 enables you to perform high-speed 3D scanning of 30 or more cross-sectional images per second
- Multicolor Dynamic Observation
- CSU can generate real color confocal images thus can utilize a highly sensitive 3CCD color camera, which enables simultaneous multi-wavelength imaging as fast as at video rate.
- High-resolution, High-speed FRET Observation
Reduced fluorescence photo bleaching and high-speed imaging with CSU22 is best for confocal FRET observation in real time!