Rapid time lapses: high-speed imaging stretches feasibility to its limits
Here the AxioCam HS offers a wide range of functions.
- Additional adjustment of the frame (ROI) enables the acquisition speed to be increased even more
- The overlapping of readout and exposure in Continuous Mode enables reliable, precise imaging of very rapid time lapses, e.g., when observing interactions in the living cells of microorganisms.
Superb image quality even with weak signals
Very high acquisition speeds and short exposure times do not have to mean putting up with poor image quality. With 660 x 494 pixels, the AxioCam HS offers adequate resolution for applications in Live Cell Imaging with higher magnification objectives.
- 9.9 µm x 9.9 µm pixels enable the acquisition even of weak signals, which can be digitized by a 12-bit AD converter with high dynamic range. The high signal quality with a dynamic range of 1:1800 makes it possible to subsequently intensify weak signals and bring out the differences in contrast.
- The additional Peltier cooling minimizes dark current and background noise and also enables long exposure times.
- The AxioCam HS has no cooling fans, and therefore works vibration free